Technology Transfer, Dissemination And Absorption
- Technology transfer
- usually means the transfer of technology within or between firms across national borders, but it could equally be between other institutions in the same country. Firms can use several bonds that facilitate the transfer technology.
Keller and Chinta identify intrafirm and interfirm bonds as facilitating transfers as follows:
- Intrafirm bonds
- The relationship within a firm that go across national boundaries and encourage the transfer of technology.
- Iterfirm bonds
- Relationships among firms across national boundaries also encourage the transfer of technology.
- implies the diffusion of technology away from the firm or institution possessing or acquiring to other firms, that is, externalizing its ownership or use.
- indicates the competence of an economy which acquires technology to utilize or adapt it to its advantage.
Previous page Next page